Correctional Facility | Michigan | Full Time and Contract
The Operations Manager will oversee and manage the day to day operations related to this Contract. The position will also be responsible for the integration of corporate support functions for site level applicability and, as the Corrections liaison, will work closely with the client and the facility administration to ensure the general and psychiatric health care program and pharmacy services meet the goals and expectations. Position is dependent on contract award
Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Plans, assigns, reviews and evaluates the work of subordinate staff; observes that all security and safety procedures/regulations are followed by staff and inmate workers; Responsible for supervision, custody, control and safety of inmates.
- Monitors work activity, assesses progress, production levels, and performs quality checks.
- Administers the ordering, receipt, inventory and distribution of all materials, supplies, tools and equipment used in prison workshops.
- Provides customer services such as information regarding products and services available, receiving, cost estimates, scheduling coordination, receipt/shipment of all goods, quality control, proper storage and handling of unfinished/finished goods, billing and complaint handling.
- Develops and monitors quality control procedures/standards for products and services offered by the Prison Industries shop operations.
- Develops internal operational procedures for the programs operated within Correctional Industry.
- Prepares/maintains all records and reports pertaining to procurement, production, marketing and other functions
- Prepares statistical data for analysis of shop workload, backlog, completed work and income earned.
- Executes logistical plans and procedures for the acquisition of necessary supplies and transportation and for the distribution and marketing of products/services.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Correctional Operations Manager
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three years’ experience in production management which includes managing overall production processing operation; identifying priorities, staffing needs, schedule changes, processes and procedures to meet operational needs.
- Three years’ experience in estimating cost, time and materials.
- Knowledge of operations management which includes planning, directing, coordinating, controlling and evaluating operations typically through subordinate supervisors.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License (not suspended, revoked or cancelled, or disqualified from driving).
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.