Medical Office Billing Clerk - Remote (13480)
Accounting / Finance | San Antonio, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Medical Office Billing Clerk to work remotely with our client located in San Antonio, TX. In this role, you will perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary insurance data for use in preparing statements to patients' insurance carriers.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Review adjudicated claims for appropriate billing.
• Address denied claims, claims pended for medical necessity, and claims pending for supporting documentation and/or medical records.
• Extract information regarding patient treatment from medical records.
• Compose individualized appeal letters.
• Identify payor specific patterns or trends regarding denials.
• Make recommendations regarding billing and edit creation to reduce denials.
• May prepare notices to patients of amount expected (or received) from insurance and amount expected from patient.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 3+ years of related experience to include clinical setting.
• Preferred: Medical/dental experience.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.