Emergency Services | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Firefighter to work with our client. In this role, you will be responsible for protecting the children, workers, and property by responding to emergency situations involving fires, accidents, hazardous materials, and other emergencies. You will work as part of a team to prevent, control, and extinguish fires, provide emergency medical care, and ensure public safety.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Collaborate with leadership to create a positive and inclusive school culture that promotes a safe and conducive learning environment.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop and implement safely plans, policies, and procedures in line with ORR guidelines.
- Respond promptly to fire alarms, medical emergencies, and other incidents as part of a firefighting crew.
- Operate firefighting equipment and tools, including hoses, ladders, axes, and breathing apparatus, to suppress fires and conduct rescue operations.
- Perform search and rescue operations to locate and extract individuals from burning buildings or hazardous environments.
- Provide emergency medical care, including first aid and CPR, to injured individuals at the scene of incidents.
- Participate in fire prevention activities, such as conducting inspections, enforcing fire codes, and educating the public on fire safety.
- Maintain fire equipment, apparatus, and facilities, ensuring they are in good working order and ready for emergency response.
- Conduct drills and training sessions to enhance firefighting skills and maintain proficiency in emergency procedures.
- Collaborate with other emergency response agencies, such as police and paramedics, to coordinate efforts and ensure effective emergency management.
- Prepare and maintain accurate incident reports, documenting actions taken, conditions encountered, and outcomes.
- Stay updated with developments in firefighting techniques, equipment, and safety procedures through continuous training and professional development.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed to ensure effective and successful operations.
- High school diploma or equivalent (some jurisdictions may require additional education or certifications).
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a firefighter
- Successful completion of a firefighter training academy or certification program.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Physical fitness and agility to perform firefighting and rescue tasks in challenging conditions.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills to work effectively as part of a firefighting crew.
- Ability to remain calm and make sound decisions in high-pressure situations.
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities.
- A willingness to work irregular hours which may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) (required)
- Required to respond to any medical emergency, fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured or aging patients exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing. (Exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must be able to lift, push, and carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Pass a medical evaluation.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.