Director of Educational Services (12047)
Education | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Director of Educational Services who can provide leadership and exercise discretionary authority for the delivery of direct care services on our dynamic and growing InGenesis social services campus, which caters to up to 3,000 resident children. In this role, you will collaborate with the educational administrative staff and teachers to lead educational services for the campus. This position requires a high degree of independence, ingenuity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to effectively address the learning needs of our unaccompanied children population. The successful candidate must possess proven relational and administrative skills to engage positively and ensure compliance with all applicable State child welfare laws and regulations, as well as state and local health and safety codes. The Director oversees educational services for campus residents until they can be placed with an appropriate sponsor.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have.
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Continuously oversee daily operations, ensuring staff members remain compliant with all policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Enforce internal and external measures to ensure the physical and mental well-being of resident children, including the supervision of all assigned staff/contractors.
- Set strategic and action plans for the campus involving educational services in collaboration with InGenesis Shared Services staff.
- Design, develop, and direct the overall delivery of educational processes, ensuring they are compassionate, analytical, and outcomes oriented.
- Ensure the campus provides essential educational and learning services to resident children.
- Ensure timely and accurate documentation of activity results and key measures of success.
- Train all educational services staff on Office of Refugee Resettlement policies, procedures, cultural competency, and child welfare best practices.
- Continuously analyze systems and processes to identify opportunities for improvement in service delivery to residents, and lead process improvement initiatives.
- Monitor measured outcomes of campus action plans, identify improvement opportunities, and lead educational activities to enhance those outcomes in partnership with other Intake Care Facility senior leaders.
- Oversee staff development, counseling, performance evaluations, and hiring of positions for all direct reporting areas in coordination with InGenesis Shared Services.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Manage the budget for areas of direct responsibility.
- Foster collaboration with all executives and key stakeholders across the campus.
- Remain current on industry-wide best practices and collaboration efforts, consistently employing and encouraging best practices in recreational and educational service delivery.
- Maintain program compliance and engage in effective, expert multi-level written and verbal communications with the Executive Vice President, InGenesis Shared Services liaisons, and external regulatory bodies.
- Provide proper safeguards and conduct regularly scheduled physical inspections of learning center facilities for the health, safety, and welfare of residents and staff.
- Regularly inspect the physical property of learning center locations and ensure proper maintenance.
- Collaborate with the education staff to provide educational services based on individual academic development, literacy level, and linguistic ability.
- Continually refine and enhance holistic and specialized approaches, in partnership with the Vice President of Healthcare Services and Vice President, Case Management to foster trust and a sense of well-being among resident children.
- Approve, initiate, interpret, and enforce policies and directives for efficient administration, supplementing policies with written guidelines and procedures.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed to ensure effective and successful operation.
- Master’s degree in primary education, education, education administration, or related field
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive work experience in a primary or secondary educational setting, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Evident leadership experience with managing and overseeing an experienced team of education professionals.
- Demonstrated successful administrative ability, sound judgment, and effective communication skills (both written and verbal) in a matrixed environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Can present a background of engaging leadership, sound judgment, and effective administrative ability.
- Can also demonstrate the ability to guide, direct and coordinate the efforts of others.
Education, Experience and Knowledge Qualifications (Preferred):
- Doctorate degree in education or related field.
- Spanish speaking skills.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) (required)
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents.
- The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.