Custodial Worker | Columbia, TN | Contract
Work Location: Columbia, TN
This position is to provide a clean, safe and healthy environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors on campus. If you meet the qualifications, please apply and a Recruiter will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Continuous maintenance of building cleanliness as prescribed by supervisor.
• Sweep, mop, and buff all stairs, corridors and floors.
• Vacuum carpets, wash windows, polish furniture, clean woodwork, clean water fountains and empty cigarette waste collectors.
• Empties trash containers and keep them clean and sanitized.
• Clean and disinfect bathroom walls, floors and fixtures.
• Replenish bathroom supplies.
• Minor maintenance activities on custodial equipment and facilities.
• Perform furniture set-ups to support special events.
• Assists in moving offices and activities as necessary.
• Clean building entries and walks, this will include sweeping, litter pick-up and snow removal as necessary for entry safety and appearance.
• Participate in other college activities as assigned by Lead Custodian or Director of Facility Services.
• Perform other duties as assigned including custodial actions for campus events.
• Successful completion of 8th grade, including ability to read and comprehend written instructions on chemical cleaning labels and other oral and written instructions.
• Custodial experience in a similar environment.
• Should be able to operate cleaning equipment, i.e., floor machine, high-speed buffer and floor scrubber.
• Have valid driver license.
• Ability to work independently and set priorities.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.