Compounding Pharmacy Technician (5619)
Pharmacy Technician | Fairmont, WV | Contract
Compounding Pharmacy Technician
Work Location: Fairmont, WV
InGenesis has an exciting opportunity for a Certified Pharmacy Tech with compounding experience to work with our customer located in Fairmont, West Virginia. In this role, you’ll assist the pharmacist with providing safe and appropriate pharmacy services to patients in accordance with client policies and procedures, professional standards, and other regulatory entities.
The Compounding Technician works under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist, working in the clean room and compounding medication no less than 80% of their day. If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Assist pharmacist with the preparation and dispense of medications/supplies.
• Calibrate equipment.
• Assist with recording and maintaining pharmacy temperature and cleaning logs.
• Ensure all pharmacy surfaces, laminar flow hoods, and clean room are cleaned per the client’s policy.
• Perform basic pharmaceutical calculations in order to obtain correct doses of medications.
• Ensure a licensed pharmacist properly checks all compounding and packing.
• Understand basic drug terminology and therapies/services provided.
• Maintain confidentiality of patient and proprietary information.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Active West Virginia Pharm Tech license.
• Current National Certification.
• Current Compounded Sterile Preparation Technician (CSPT) Certification, preferred.
• Sterile compounding experience, preferred.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.