Certified Medical Assistant
Medical Assistants | Houston, TX | Full Time
InGenesis was founded in 1998 by CEO and President Dr. Veronica Muzquiz Edwards. Beginning as a single employee operation, InGenesis initially established a strong reputation for staffing in-demand physicians, nurses, and healthcare support personnel.
Today, InGenesis is one of the largest workforce solutions firms in the United States, offering comprehensive talent acquisition and talent management services to clients operating in the global market. We support a broad base of industries including healthcare, research, telecommunications, finance, manufacturing, entertainment, and more.
Functions as a member of clinical team performing a supportive role in the delivery of patient care that is safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient and equitable.
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction.
2. Effectively participates in planning and preparing for patient visits ensuring appropriate schedules, test results, and clinic specific requirements are available.
3. Rooms patients consistent with clinic needs while determining and documenting chief complaint and reason for visit, vital signs, medication list, allergies, smoking history and other information as required by clinic. Keeps patients informed of delays and progress of clinical appointments.
4. As required and competency validated, performs appropriate hearing and vision testing, EKG, spirometry, point of care testing, specimen collection, equipment cleaning/reprocessing and other requested procedures.
5. Prepares and stocks rooms (daily/weekly) and clinic supplies in advance of clinic visit as well as cleaning rooms appropriately between patients.
6. Prepares for and assists with routine and specialty procedures.
7. Schedules patients for follow up appointments or referrals and performs routine clerical duties for team and staff to include photocopying, scanning and faxing.
8. Performs telephone messaging and in person screening with appropriate follow up.
9. Responds to emergency situations.
10. Respects and maintains privacy and confidentiality per HIPPA guidelines.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Use and care of standard clinic equipment.
Basic Life Support (BLS) certified
Certification (CMA, RMA, CCMA, NCMA) preferred
High school diploma or equivalent
Completion of an approved Medical Assistant training program
One year of Pediatric and Adult experience;
Lab Draws, Vitals and EKG
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Medical & Clinical Certifications
ACLS (Must be AHA)
BCLS (Must be AHA)