Associate Vice President of Healthcare Services (11588)
Healthcare | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking an Associate Vice President of Healthcare Services to work with our client. In this role, you will assist the VP of Healthcare oversee a team responsible for providing a range of healthcare services, including Healthcare Administration, Clinical and Behavioral Health, Quality Assurance, Nursing, Dental, Ambulance (EMS) services, and ancillary services to a campus of 2,000 residents until they can be placed with an appropriate sponsor. The individual will be required to have strong relational and administrative skills to engage with local, state, and federal medical regulatory bodies. This individual must also operate with a high degree of independence, ingenuity, and analytical skill to resolve challenges.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Oversees daily healthcare operations while ensuring staff members remain compliant with all policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Designs, develops, and directs the overall healthcare delivery processes ensuring they are timely, compassionate, and outcomes oriented.
- Ensures the ongoing analyses of systems and processes to identify opportunities for improvement in healthcare delivery to residents. Leads process improvement initiatives.
- Engages in strategic planning and goal setting for healthcare services and works with senior leadership to ensure alignment with organizational objectives.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to improve healthcare service delivery, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Ensures all internal and external security measures are enforced within healthcare facilities to include supervision of all assigned staff/contractors.
- Ensures timely and accurate documentation of the results of activities and key measures of success.
- Oversees staff development, counseling, performance evaluations, and hiring of positions for all direct reporting areas.
- Ensures all healthcare staff are trained in ORR (Office of Refugee Resettlement) policies, procedures, cultural competency, and child welfare best practices.
- Manages healthcare service budgets and resources to ensure appropriate staffing levels and quality of care.
- Works collaboratively with other departments and key stakeholders across the campus to deliver healthcare services effectively and efficiently.
- Remains current concerning industry-wide best practices and collaboration and consistently employs and encourages best practices in social and healthcare service delivery.
- Ensures education and compliance of appropriate state and federal regulatory standards by all direct report departments.
- Maintains program compliance.
- Provides proper safeguards and conducts regularly scheduled physical inspections for the health, safety, and welfare of the residents and staff.
- Regularly inspect the physical property of the medical service locations and ensure that these facilities are properly maintained.
- Creates collaborative partnerships with local medical professionals and organizations to ensure access to medical care.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed to ensure effective and successful operation.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, healthcare administration, behavioral sciences, or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive work experience managing a healthcare facility/operation similar in size and complexity.
- Evident leadership experience with managing/overseeing an experienced team of professionals.
- Demonstrated successful administrative ability, sound judgment, and effective communication skills (both written and verbal) in a matrixed environment.
- Experienced in implementing and leading change (Change Management).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Proficiency with computer systems, procurement, and project management.
- Demonstrate the ability to guide, direct and coordinate the efforts of others.
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in public health management, business administration, healthcare administration, behavioral sciences, or related field
- Professional affiliation and certification (e.g., American College of Healthcare Executives)
- Spanish speaking skills
Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents. The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.