Assistant Director of Nursing / RN (10338)
Registered Nurse / RN | Kearney, NE | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Registered Nurse / RN to work as an Assistant Director of Nursing with our client located in Kearney, NE. In this role, you will provide administrative clinical leadership and commitment to high quality member directed and member driven services for the Department of Nursing.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (Included but not limited to):
Appropriate placement of all admissions and members:
- Develops, organizes, directs, manages and monitors the admission process including the processes for pre-admission assessment, scheduling and reception of new members, multidisciplinary assessment upon admission, communicating within the facility and appropriate documentation.
- Develops, implements and coordinates a collaborative system to assure that requests for changes in member placement are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Informs the Director of Nursing and Administrator of unusual requests for admission and the resources needed to meet those requests.
Clinical programs and practices:
- Develops and communicates standards of nursing practice that are consistent with professional and industry standards as well as State Licensure and Veterans Administration long term care regulatory requirements.
- Assures the application of standard nursing practices within the facility for the provision of nursing services.
- Works closely with the Director of Nursing in managing a professional and paraprofessional nursing staff through the use of facilitative leadership to promote teamwork and staff involvement in planning, implementing and evaluating departmental goals and objectives.
- Provides leadership in quality care practices for the Nursing Department and for the facility.
- Directs Nursing Department in the absence of the Director of Nursing. Serves as part of the administrative team to assure quality programs are implemented and carried out in the Nursing Department.
- Provides leadership in the clinical practice of nursing and remains current in theory, techniques and approaches. Identifies applicable changes within nursing and long-term care, and consults with staff on clinical issues when necessary.
- Develops, implements and evaluates clinical programs based on the needs of the current members and the trends in healthcare and long-term care population.
- Assures the development and maintenance of meaningful, current, accurate, and accessible policies and procedures that address essential aspects of member care and provide for the support of families and/or significant others.
- Directs implementation and monitors documentation for compliance.
Comprehensive assessment and care planning/MDS coordination:
- Provides leadership to develop and maintain a system of integrated interdisciplinary member focused care that maintains or improves all members’ level of functioning except in those aspects of their lives where deterioration is clinically unavoidable.
- Facilitates and implements the design and continuous improvement of the comprehensive assessment and care planning process to meet current RAI guidelines.
- Ensures the coordination of interdisciplinary care of members with other clinical and professional leaders within and outside the facility.
Human Resources development:
- Designs and directs a consistent system of competency evaluation, development and support that assure all employees the opportunity to perform in accordance with current standards of practice.
- Coordinates training, including orientation and education, that is based on employee need and member care requirements.
- Supports the professional nursing staff in identifying opportunities for growth and facilitates the identification and acquisition of necessary resources.
- Collaborates with Nursing Administration team to assure accurate job expectations are defined and communicated to all nursing employees, through the development of formal job descriptions.
- Provides supervision and direction to assigned staff, admission process, and bed management.
- Accountable for communication of performance expectations and ongoing performance reviews staff.
- Accountable for orientation and mentoring of new nursing leadership in collaboration with the Director of Nursing and Staff Development.
- Directs the development and implementation of Nursing Department quality improvement programs.
- Recommends, directs the development of, and implements quality indicators for clinical programs.
- Utilizes data analysis for decision making with continuous improvements in member care, clinical programs, and standards of practice.
- Facilitates an integrated and meaningful plan of correction in collaboration with other departments for indicated survey outcomes.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates a system of resource needs used within the clinical programs and services.
Safety and infection control:
- Assists in the development of Safety and Infection Control standards for the Nursing Department.
- Directs and coordinates nursing collaboration with facility Safety, Quality Improvement and Infection Control Committees.
- Collaborates to assure the development and coordination of an Infection Control Program that includes the appropriate surveillance, employee training, nursing policy and procedure, environmental control and disease reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.