Accounting Clerk III
Accountant I | Dallas, TX | Contract
Accounting Clerk III
Work Location: Dallas TX
Works under general supervision to perform technical activities and administer accounting programs that require general bookkeeping/accounting knowledge in Accounting and Fiscal Services.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
• Performs a broad range of accounting projects with lead responsibility for accounting records in a department.
• Provide working supervision to other Accounting Clerks.
• Performs audits and review of transactions.
• Serves as liaison between vendors, bank, etc.
• Promote efficiency and sustainability initiatives towards paperless processes.
• Makes standard calculations to accurately compile and report statistics.
• Analyzes and verifies internal consistency, completeness and mathematical accuracy of account documents and makes adjustments.
• Prepares basic to intermediate monthly and annual reconciliation of ledger accounts and other accounts as assigned to department.
• Prepares, produces, balances, and posts financial department data.
• Posts completed account information to verify accounts are balanced.
• Resolves discrepancies in departmental data, both written and verbal.
• May monitor grant budgets for allowable expenditures and resolve all discrepancies.
• May produce standardized financial reports for management regarding standing on individual accounts in addition to overall departmental financial status.
• May perform duties of supervisor in their absence.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent and five (5) years' experience and an understanding of bookkeeping accounting principles, but not requiring the skills of a fully trained accountant.
• Work requires thorough knowledge of bookkeeping principles.
• Work requires ability to apply mathematical reasoning to analyze data and determine discrepancies in financial accounts.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook; and accounting software.
• Detail-orientation and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting project objectives and deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with personnel at all levels within the organization.
• Customer Service and/or sales experience.
• Basic understanding of Accounting credit/debit principles.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.