Safety Officer (11448)
Healthcare | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Safety Officer to work with our client. In this role, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, training, testing, and overseeing the overall safety compliance and standards of an Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) designated Influx Care Facility (ICF) safety program. Primary responsibilities include facilitating compliance with occupational safety and health (OSH) guidelines, maintaining a work environment that promotes trust and engagement in the workplace, planning and prioritizing environmental health and safety audits, ensure a safe working environment, mitigate any injuries and accidents, and maintain compliance with local, state, and federal regulations of this type of work environment. The Safety Officer will manage the Non-Commissioned Security detail and the SLAs (Service Level Agreements) of the Commissioned Officer security contract. The Safety Officer reports to the Vice President- Site Operations.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Plan and implement OSH policies and programs
- Create safety training scenarios as noted on the risk assessment of potential threats against the facility.
- Conduct all emergency and evacuation drills. This will include fire drills, evacuation drills, inclement weather drills, and Intruder on campus drills.
- Document the results of drills and actual events, reviews outcome with staff and stakeholders and provides opportunities for improvement.
- Prepare and conduct training with staff on changes to policies and procedures relating to life safety and fire safety programs.
- Review and update the Facility Safety Plan as necessary due to changes in facility posture and threats against the facility.
- Advise and lead employees on various safety-related topics
- Prepare educational seminars and webinars on a regular basis
- Review existing policies and procedures
- Adhere to all rules and regulations
- Work with HR to set up a new employee on-boarding process for safety
- Conduct risk assessments
- Enforce preventative measures
- Identify process bottlenecks and offer timely solutions
- Check if all employees are acting in adherence with rules and regulations
- Prepare and present reports on accidents and violations and determine causes and solutions
- Oversee workplace repair, installations and any other work that could harm employee’s safety
- Attend staff meetings on a routine basis to conduct ongoing training and share best practices
- Conduct job safety analysis, identifies areas of improvement, and recommends corrective actions
- Regularly inspect safety equipment and verify the availability of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for various activities
- Ensure staff are trained in medical and hazardous waste clean-up and disposal
- Review recalls of equipment and products to ensure items are removed from surplus and stock
- Interpret safety rules, regulations, and standards
- Oversee and coordinate with insurance/risk management companies
- Maintain safety records
- Ensure all employees participate in required safety training and education at appropriate intervals
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the safety program
- Administer the safety awards program
- Complete required safety training
- Manage non-commissioned security details to ensure appropriate levels of security are maintained 24/7 to meet ORR requirements.
- Provide oversight, management, and review of the commission officer security contract SLAs to ensure appropriate contractual requirements are met and adhered to throughout the contract.
- Will ensure proper communications are available and maintained through a dispatch center process.
- Intervene to stop any acts or processes which are unsafe or do not comply with OSH guidelines
- Any other duties and responsibilities deemed essential for the performance of this position to ensure compliance with occupational safety and health of the facility
- Serves as a member of the Emergency Response Team (ERT), 24/7/365
- May be required to workdays, evenings, and weekends as part of the overall safety preventative operations program
- Participate in scheduled meetings
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English
- Collaborate with other staff members, service providers and professionals
- Participate as the Chairperson for the safety committee
- Ensure non-commissioned officers' certifications are current prior to operating on the facility.
- Ensure transfer to agency TOPS site is completed for all non-commissioned officers.
- Five years of experience as a Safety Officer or similar role
- Excellent knowledge of legislations and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Five years of experience producing reports, conducting audits, performing safety inspections
- Experience in writing policies and procedures for safety and health
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe, and various computer-based programs and software
- Working knowledge of safety management information systems
- Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Works well as a team member and independently
- Skilled in time management
- Proficient interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in safety management or similar field
- Certificate in occupational safety and health
- Complete OSHA 10-hour General Industry Safety and Health (Preferred)
Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents. The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Must pass an extensive federal background check, including fingerprinting
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screenings throughout employment
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request
- Must not have any violations of Domestic Violence or Abuse or any violations against children. This includes any cases that are currently open, were adjudicated, or a conviction was received
- Must attend work according to routine schedules and during emergencies and disasters
- Must maintain current contact information at all times during employment
- Must have reliable transportation to attend work according to work or shift schedule
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.