Registered Nurse-Telemetry (Day/Night Shifts Available) (2920)
Tele | Dallas, TX | Contract
Registered Nurse - Telemetry (Day/Night Shifts Available)
Work Location: Dallas, TX
The Registered Nurse will care for patients in critical condition and need constant monitoring and care. The RN will review data from special equipment to track a patient's heart rate, blood pressure, breathing and other vitals.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Performs and accurately documents physical, psychosocial, and emotional assessments. All assessments take into consideration age specific criteria (children, adolescents, adults and older adults).
• Actively anticipates patient’s and/or patient’s family needs and expectations and utilizes these in conjunction with the assessment to develop an appropriate plan of care for the patient. Utilizes critical thinking skills in planning and prioritizing nursing care. Maintains and utilizes competencies per unit expectation.
• Identifies and implements appropriate nursing interventions based on the completed assessment. Completes accurate and timely documentation of these interventions. Active coordinator of the interdisciplinary plan of care. Confers with all members of the health care team in a collaborative fashion. Shares information and observations of the patient and/or patient’s family in a manner that advocates for optimal patient care.
• Appropriately prioritizes nursing interventions based upon completed assessment. Promptly identifies changes in condition as evidenced by nursing assessment, labs, x-rays, etc. Reports changes, takes follow-up action as appropriate. Actively involves patient in plan of care and keeps patient, family and/or caregiver informed.
• Evaluates implemented interventions and modifies care according to the evaluation. Documents interventions and modifications to the plan of care in an accurate and timely manner.
• Adheres to appropriate hospital and/or Department of Nursing policies, procedures, clinical pathways and nationally accepted standards of nursing practice. Incorporates ANA standards, professional practice model (Shared governance) and care delivery model (Relationship Based Care) into the provision of safe, quality patient care. Nursing care is based on current literature and research.
• Provides appropriate and timely answers and/or education to patients, patient’s families, significant others and/or caregivers. Completes accurate and timely documentation of all education provided including discharge plan of care. Assesses competence, obtains feedback/evaluation of understanding from patient, family, significant other and/or /caregivers. Demonstrates effective communication based on individual patient needs and learning preferences.
• Welcomes and orients patient, family, significant other and/or caregiver to the unit. Encourages patient/family participation in care. Reviews personalized patient plan of care with patient/family every shift. Updates white boards accordingly and sets daily goals with patient input. Explains special diets, tests, procedures and medications in easily understood and appropriate language. Makes hourly rounds on patients and communicates when will return.
• Advocate for resources and support that enhance patient safety and unit/hospital-based initiatives. Participates in evaluating data to guide decisions regarding unit / department budget formulation and implementation
• Performs Peer Evaluation to provide constructive feedback to peers regarding performance. Holds co-workers accountable for their behavior and compliance with policies and standards. Actively intervenes when patient safety is at risk.
• Performance Improvement: Accountable for patient care and quality/safety initiatives (EX: patient safety, patient satisfaction, core measures, infection control).
• Shares professional and technical information with colleagues and students. Offers self as a resource as needed to others (Ex: preceptor, charge, mentor, unit expert, lends a hand when needed).
• Current Texas (or BNE Compact State) license.
• Graduate of an approved/accredited nursing program either by a governmental authority, nursing board, or a licensing authority which has jurisdiction over approval/accreditation of nursing programs.
• BSN preferred
• One year of RN experience. Specialty areas may have increased experience requirements as dictated by unit or standard of care.
• Must have Transplant experience.
• BLS & ACLS required
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification, course accredited by AHA. specialty areas may have increased certification/license requirements as dictated by unit or standard of care.
• Professional certification in a nursing organization is preferred
• Must be able to help lift and turn patients.
• Pass pre-employment physical exam including color blind testing.
• Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
• Day Shift 6:45am-7:45pm - 12-hour shifts. Must be available every other weekend.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.