Primary Care Physician (5040)
Gen Practice | Clarks Summit, PA | Contract
Primary Care Physician
Work Location: Clarks Summit, PA
InGenesis has an exciting opportunity for a Primary Care Physician at an acute care psychiatric hospital. This role will provide medical care and treatment to patients in designated areas, as well as all related duties, to ensure access to care and patient safety at all times. If you’re ready to provide these patients with the best care possible, please apply and we’ll reach out to you soon!
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Performs comprehensive admission and annual physical examination, neurological examination and medical history for all designated patients. Performs monthly medication review and pertinent examination for all designated patients.
• Formulates medical diagnosis, treatment goals and plans based on evaluation of the patient.
• Attends to patient’s medical needs and provides medical treatment, diagnostic workup and consultation referrals as necessary.
• Provides noon coverage and attends to all medical and psychiatric emergencies throughout the hospital.
• Attends assigned hospital committees meetings as a Medical Staff representative.
• Participates in hospital-wide and departmental PI Plans.
• Participates in the on-campus evening, weekend, and holiday on-call responsibility as needed.
• Performs employee physicals. Mentors clinical students. Participates as a collaborating physician for the medical CRNPs.
• Obtains and maintains Crisis Response intervention certificate from current Commonwealth vendor and utilizes skills appropriately.
• Obtains and maintains current CPR certificate.
• Complies with all applicable Agency, Program Office, Federal, and State requirements and mandates.
• Performs other duties as needed.
• Current Pennsylvania medical license.
• Completed residency program in Family or Internal Medicine, meeting the requirements of the American Board of Medicine or American Osteopathic Board of Medicine.
• DEA registration.
• Basic Life Support certification.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.