Pathology Referral Assistant (10403)
Surgical Laboratory | Houston, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Pathology Referral Assistant to work with our client located in Houston, TX. In this role, you will primarily perform clerical functions including filing, data input, copying, and answering phones as well as delivery of departmental and institutional mail and delivery of pathology materials within the department.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Organize patient tissue glass slides/paraffin tissue blocks for archive and retrieval.
- Process requests for return or retrieval of tissue slides/blocks from warehouse.
- Document all receipt or return of materials to warehouse in LIS.
- Prepare patient tissue glass slides/paraffin tissue blocks for mailing to outside facilities.
- Prepare tissue slides and blocks for return by courier, commercial carrier or USPS.
- Create mailing label, pull appropriate series of slides/blocks from cabinets, verify case to be returned against mailing label, enter material tracking in LIS.
- Package materials appropriately to prevent breakage or damage.
- Pick up and deliver USPS and institutional mail.
- Deliver packages/envelopes to mailroom and/or commercial carrier drop box.
- Pick up departmental mail from mailroom and sort into appropriate personnel mailboxes.
- Provide safe and courteous service to our stakeholders, patients, caregivers and staff.
- Respond to requests in a timely manner while proactively communicating expectations for procedures, service arrival, or project deliverables to stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience Required: None
- Experience Preferred: 1yr clerical experience, computer proficiency.
- Onsite Presence is required.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.