Medical Records Transcriptionist (5610)
Medical Records Data Entry | San Antonio, TX | Contract
Medical Records Transcriptionist
Work Location: San Antonio, TX
InGenesis is currently seeking an experienced Medical Transcriptionist to work with our client’s Clinical Programs and Services team. In this role, you will listen to recorded dictation of a healthcare professional, interpret, and transcribe into diagnostic test results, medical reports, discharge summaries, or other documents.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Communicate with providers and staff regarding conflicting, missing, or unclear medical documentation.
• Translate medical abbreviations and jargon into the appropriate long form.
• Follow up with the healthcare provider to ensure accuracy of reports.
• Submit health records to physicians for approval.
• Follow patient confidentiality guidelines and legal documentation requirements.
• Enter medical reports into electronic health records systems.
• Answer phones and provide routine information.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Knowledge of anatomy and medical terminology.
• Skilled in Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems.
• Experience with Epic or Sunrise, preferred.
• Excellent typing skills, including speed and accuracy.
• Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
• Excellent skills in written communication, grammar, spelling, and formatting documents.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.