Medical Records Director - RHIA / RHIT (12939)
Medical Records | Clarks Summit, PA | Contract
Medical Records Director – RHIA / RHIT
Work Location: Clarks Summit, PA
InGenesis is currently seeking a Medical Records Director to work with our client located in Clarks Summit, PA. In this role, you will supervise the daily operation of the medical records department by assigning work, instructing personnel, and proactively monitoring the timeliness/quality of work.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Supervise medical records personnel (hiring, reviewing work, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, etc.).
• Develop and implement policies/procedures to support accurate and timely work.
• Conduct group and individual meetings for efficient operation.
• Interpret and execute collective bargaining contractual agreements applicable to work performed by department.
• Supervise the organization, tracking, and entry of statistical data and information.
• Implement effect processes to verify accuracy of data and to identify discrepancies.
• Supervise preparation of reports and distribution of statistical data, audit findings, etc.
• Conduct audits of active medical records to ensure completeness and compliance.
• Serve as expert on medical records department functions during hospital surveys and similar processes.
• Identify and investigate deficiencies, variances, and opportunities for improvement.
• Supervise the disclosure of patient protected health information to authorized individuals.
• Review and approve or deny requests for access to patient information database.
• Participate in hospital performance improvement activities.
• Provide occasional coverage for activities such as committee meetings and environment of care rounds.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Registration as a Medical Records Administrator (RHIA).
• Registration as AND 2+ years’ experience as RHIT.
• Registration as RHIT AND 4+ years’ experience in the preparation, classification, and abstracting of medical reports in a medical records department.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.