Medical Records Assistant (3550)
Medical Records Data Entry | Clarks Summit, PA | Contract
Work Location: Clarks Summit, PA
InGenesis searches for a qualified Medical Records Assistant to perform specialized clerical work in the preparation, classification, and abstracting of medical reports. Resources to assist in the initiation and maintenance of medical records by preparing and typing medical reports, abstracts, and summaries, and reviewing and processing medical records to ensure their accuracy and completeness. This is a short-term assignment which could provide the opportunity to the selected candidate to apply through Civil. If you meet this role’s qualifications and skill set, please apply and a recruiter will reach out to you.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
• Code physicians' diagnoses using standardized codes such as in the International Classification of Diseases classification system.
• Work requires a high degree of accuracy and proficiency within the framework of standard methods and procedures.
• Work is performed under the supervision of a Medical Records Technician, Medical Records Director, Cancer Registry Specialist, or a Cancer Registry Administrator.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Graduation from high school or graduation from a medical secretarial or medical records program or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
• One (1) year of clerical experience in a medical records department at a hospital or ambulatory acute medical care setting or a licensed nursing facility
• Six (6) months of experience under the general direction or oversight by a registered Medical Records Technician or Administrator
• Basic computer skills to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Products.
healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.