Laboratory Manager - Blood Bank (6709)
Laboratory Manager/Director/Consultant | Dallas, TX | Contract
Laboratory Manager – Blood Bank
Work Location: Dallas, TX
InGenesis is currently seeking a Blood Bank Manager to manage the blood bank laboratory section in order to provide high quality, accurate and timely test results in a cost-efficient manner. In this role, you will be responsible for hiring, developing, counseling, and training while ensuring competency of Blood Bank employees in all shifts at all facilities.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Demonstrate continuous performance improvement in targeted areas of responsibility.
• Meet or exceed financial goals and objectives of the department.
• Oversee the Transfusion Services Program for the CLS-wide system, covering all associated hospitals and clinics.
• Prioritize assignments and make staffing adjustments in accordance with budgetary guidelines.
• Maintain Blood Bank technical expertise to analyze current methods and systems and
• Develop innovative ways to improve operations.
• Maintain accreditations and compliancy with various associations, licensing, and regulations.
• Prepare department budget in conjunction with established goals and objectives.
• Ensure budgetary goals are met on an annual basis.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or related field.
• Master’s degree in Health Administration, Business, Public Administration, or related field, preferred.
• 5+ years’ experience as medical technologist.
• 3+ years supervisory experience in Transfusion Services.
• Experience working in hospital setting with solid organ, bone marrow transplant, and immune-hematology reference work.
• Certification as Medical Technologist and Specialist in Blood Banking, required.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.