Certified Outpatient Medical Coder (5573)
Certified Outpatient Coder | Aurora, CO | Contract
Work Location: Aurora, CO
InGenesis is currently seeking a Certified Outpatient Medical Coder to accurately assign diagnosis, procedure, and supply codes for the professional and facility components of outpatient encounters. In this role, you will act as a source of reference to medical staff having questions, issues, or concerns related to coding.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
• Monitor ever-changing regulatory and policy requirements affecting coded information for the full spectrum of services provided.
• Identify inconsistencies, ambiguities, or discrepancies that may cause inaccurate coding.
• Respond to provider questions and provide examples of appropriate coding and documentation to provide clarity and understanding.
• Perform limited focused audits of MTFs, specialties, clinics, or providers conducted,
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Formal Education: (One of the following)
• Associates degree or higher in Health Information Management
• A university certificate in medical coding.
• 30+ semester hours’ college credit including relevant coursework such as anatomy/physiology, medical terminology, health information management, and/or pharmacology.
• Successful completion of an AAPC or AHIMA coding certification preparation course for professional services or facility coding.
• 3+ years of medical coding and/or auditing experience in two (2) or more medical, surgical, or ancillary specialties (within the past 10 years).
• 1+ year of performance in the specialty is required.
• Required: Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist–Physician (CCS-P).
• Required: National Alliance of Medical Auditing Specialists (NAMAS) Certified Evaluation and Management Auditor (CEMA).
*Note: A Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) and Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) from AHIMA are acceptable to count for either a professional services coding certification or institutional coding certification, but not both.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.