Assistant Director of Nurses / RN (9345)
Healthcare Administration | Alto, GA | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Nurses / RN to work with our client located in Alto, GA. In this role, you will assist in the planning and evaluation of programs/services while also directing assignments and activities of professional nursing personnel.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Assist in evaluation of patient care, unit conditions, and equipment use.
- Assist in monitoring CQI programs as they relate to patient care.
- Use sound independent judgment in meeting responsibilities and performing duties of the position.
- Follow chain of command for problem resolution.
- Assist in the supervision of inmate orderly workers, noting activities, following directives, and reporting on/off duty and quality of work.
- Develop and maintain awareness of needed improvements in patient care, procedures, equipment and supplies.
- Provide administrative supervision/support by accepting “on-call” status of being available to the nursing staff 24/7 by cell phone and returning to the facility to assist with duties or emergencies as needed on a rotating basis.
- Rotates on-call with DON.
- Supervise and evaluate work performance of nursing staff in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with the policies, procedures, goals, and philosophy of client.
- Ensure proper flow of information (policies, procedures, issues, etc.).
- Ensure adequate staff coverage at all times by assigning daily duties for nursing staff, during DON absence.
- Work nursing shifts as needed during periods of short staffing, working within the scope of nursing license.
- Prepare regularly scheduled reports and special reports as directed.
- Make rounds in infirmary a minimum of once per shift to ensure assessments are documented on the nursing infirmary flowsheet for all patients.
- Ensure all physician orders have been implemented and infirmary log is up to date and accurate.
- Monitor physical safety requirements of both patients and staff to ensure a safe working environment.
- Assist the DON, Medical Director, and HSA in monitoring inpatient hospitalizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Current Registered Nurse / RN license in the State of Georgia.
- Preferred: BSN or AD in Nursing with a BS in related Administration field.
- 2+ years of experience in nursing administration in a medical surgical setting.
- 1+ year of supervisory experience, preferably in an acute care setting.
- Preferred: Previous experience in correctional healthcare.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.