Assistant Director of Education (11330)
Education | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Education to work with our client. In this role, you will be responsible for helping to plan and execute the educational services for the ICF. The Assistant Director, under the direction of the Director, shall provide leadership to ensure that standards are met and shall oversee compliance with the policies and success of instructional programs and school operations.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Assists in directing the organization, management, and daily operations of facility educational services.
- Assists in planning, implementing, supervision, and evaluation of the instructional program.
- Prepares reports on the instructional progress of the children at the ICF.
- In conjunction with InGenesis Human Resources Department, screens, interviews, and hires staff and provides specific training and orientation for staff.
- Assists in the preparation and submission of the education program’s budget and monitors expenditures as per policies. In addition, initiates purchase requests, receives supplies, equipment and maintains fiscal and inventory controls.
- Maintains confidentiality in all areas of the service population and program operations.
- Complies with all applicable State Child Welfare laws and regulations, and all State and local education codes.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with staff, other governmental agencies, and other ICF functional areas.
- Performs other related work as assigned by the Director, Education Services.
- Participates in scheduled meetings.
- Prepares presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Works student school schedules and school hours.
- Collaborates with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Works with minimal supervision both independently and as a member of a team.
- Be a positive role model for students and support the mission of the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years of campus/district level experience.
- Thorough understanding of school operations.
- Knowledge of ESL (English as a Second Language) curriculum and instruction.
- Experience working with bilingual and/or at-risk populations.
- Skill in managing staff, operations, and budgets.
- Strong organizational communications, public relations, and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English)
- Technology literate.
- Mid-Management or Principal Certification
- Prefer Bilingual Certification
Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents. The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.