System Engineer- High Speed Guard
Systems Engineers | Hanover, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Bridges, an Applied Insight Company, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Bridges, an Applied Insight company team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A Day in the Life:
- Develop, install, configure High Speed Guard
- Designing, deploying and maintaining cross-domain solutions
- System security design processes, defense-in-depth/breadth, engineering life-cycle, information domains, principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, access control), and security testing
- Responding to trouble calls and outages and the inherent problems of maintaining operational CDS deployments
- Integrating obligations/policies to enhance the security and stabilization of CDS platforms
- Identifying software bugs and shortcomings in PL4 guards
- Deploying CDS to CONUS locations and working with local government personnel to complete integrations
- Working within a team environment
- Communication across team, organization, and customer
- ***Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance***
- Eight years’ engineering experience (B.S. in Computer Science or related field may be substituted for 4 years of engineering experience).
- Four years' High Speed Guard experience
- Must be able to develop, install, configure High Speed Guard
- One year experience designing, deploying and maintaining cross-domain solutions
- One year experience in system security design processes, defense-in-depth/breadth, engineering life-cycle, information domains, principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, access control), and security testing
- One year experience with the underlying security architectures, of Trusted Solaris 8, Solaris 10 TX, and SELinux-based guard solutions
- One year experience with the performance and security capabilities of the cross-domain solution set
- One year experience in responding to trouble calls and outages and the inherent problems of maintaining operational CDS deployments
- One year experience in integrating obligations/policies to enhance the security and stabilization of CDS platforms
- One year experience identifying software bugs and shortcomings in PL4 guards
- One year experience in deploying CDS to CONUS locations and working with local government personnel to complete integrations
- One year experience working with CDS design teams to identify and structure the appropriate CDS for enterprise guard farm and mission specific solutions
- One year experience engineering hardened Linux and/or Solaris OS loads for use in CDS
- One year experience guiding a system or solution through the Security Authorization Process, in accordance with DCID 6/3 and the NISCAP documentation process
- One year experience managing Red Hat 4.6 – 5.5, Solaris 10, and Solaris 10 w/Trusted Extensions Systems
- One year experience creating and modifying bash and/or perl scripts
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst which include a PPO plan and 2 HMP Plans
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed. 3% 401K profit share contribution.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; sick and vacation. Plus 80 hours of Holiday leave (10 days)
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off. -per month
- Everyone is eligible for an annual bonus based on performance
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.