Cloud DevOps Engineer
Cloud | Chantilly, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
Your Mission: Cloud DevOps Engineer for a NextGen AWS-Based Development Platform
Enhance your current DevOps skillset by disrupting traditional workflows and processes using AWS technologies. You will be an integral part of a team of knowledgeable technologists responsible for helping to build a nationwide cloud presence within the DoD for unclassified software development. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working directly with AWS services, and the underlying operating systems themselves, to efficiently improve security automation, aid collaboration efforts with software engineers, and streamline infrastructure processes.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Interact with various operating systems, applications, environments, and cloud computing platforms to create IT automation and orchestration activities.
- Use open-source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project.
- Use coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow.
- Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Active TS/SCI Clearance w/ Polygraph
- Considerable experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments.
- Expertise with Linux configuration management and system administration.
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell or Python.
- 5 years hands-on technical experience with cloud computing services (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process oriented with great documentation skills.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- AWS Solutions Architect, Developer, or SysOps Administrator Associate Certification.
- AWS DevOps Engineer Professional Certification.
- HashiCorp Certified Terraform Associate.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) certification.
- Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) certification.
- Puppet Certified Professional.
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud services.
- Department of Defense Cyberspace Workforce Management baseline certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related Field (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree).
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.