Security Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Security | Laurel, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Building custom security solutions to solve complex customer problems.
- Architecting capabilities to account for security, scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Streamline manual processes by introducing automation efforts.
- Exposure to cutting edge security technologies and methodologies on a daily basis.
- Ensuring that all security solutions are implemented in the best way to protect our clients.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Automation-focused: You are always looking for ways to automate manual processes or introduce orchestration into daily operational tasks.
- Well-Rounded: You bring in-depth experience across multiple technologies including, but not limited to, programming/scripting languages, the latest security tools, cloud technologies, Linux, Windows and others.
- Big Picture Thinker with Execution Know-How: You can understand a customer or team members overarching goal while designing security solutions that address those goals.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop solutions for use by a multitude of customers.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- At least 6 years of experience with IT security concepts and fundamentals.
- An understanding of AAA, security, operating systems, and networking.
- Experience with Windows or Linux configuration management, system administration, and troubleshooting.
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree).
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- AWS experience.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.