Network Engineers | Columbia, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Network Engineer, you will:
- Designs solutions, integrates, configures, deploys, tests and provides support for numerous types of network devices, interfaces and methodologies
- Optimizes end-to-end system performance and dataflow management
- Configures/optimizes network to connect to various front- and back-end components
- Coordinates with system engineering and dataflow efforts to ensure proper mission operations with minimum down time
- Facilitates implementation of high-speed, scalable, fault-tolerant network topologies as applicable to WAN/LAN design
- Implements specific network solutions to support server requirements to include load-balancing, VPNs, firewall contexts, and network address translation (NAT) where appropriate
- Minimizes network latency and maximizes data throughput through design analysis and network performance monitoring tools
- Manages assigned tasks and provides guidance to junior Network Engineers
- Validates new/existing dataflow and data formats
- Coordinates with appropriate dataflow organizations and end-customer recipients, follow-on data repositories and tasking organizations and understands potential adverse impacts on system-wide dataflow
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Clearance
- Ten (10) years' experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college or university is required
- Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- Technologies/Capabilities we are looking for:
- Firewalls (McAfee, Palo Alto, Sonic)
- Dynamic multipoint virtual private network (DMVPN)
- Proxy/Load Balancers (F5)
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- HP Network Node Manager (HPNNM)
- HP Network Automation(HPNA)
- System Administration (CentOS)
- Cisco Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting. (AAA) and Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE)AAA/ISE
- Cisco Switches
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy.