Research & Development | Laurel, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
This position supports research and development to demonstrate real-world capabilities from emerging Information Assurance (IA) Research, and to provide quick reaction cross-organizations teams to address unique mission challenges. Provides support in computer science and engineering, for system investigation, development, integration, prototyping, and piloting of various Trusted Systems Research concepts. These concepts included secure wireless networking, host integrity measurement, mobility, and trusted platforms.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- A minimum of 7 years of experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- 4 years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Within the last 7 years, a minimum of 3 years of experience developing software in a Linux, Windows, or Mac OS environment.
- Demonstrated experience developing with MS SQL, Express.js, React.js, and Node.js.
- Candidate must be flexible to changing requirements and direction of tasking.
- Candidate must be comfortable interfacing with other team members - strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must be self-motivated.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.