Subject Matter Expert (Ste) Skill Level 3
System Security | Ft. Meade, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Subject Matter Expert you will provide highly technical, specialized recommendations, and security solutions to complex IT problems. Integrate IT security processes that are built into a risk-driven, coordinated approach to secure all data, systems and enclaves as captured in System Security Plans (SSPs) in accordance with NSA/CSS Securing the Enterprise (STE) initiatives and the broader cybersecurity mission requirements. Analyze and evaluate security measures and provide recommendations for improvements, optimization, and maintenance efforts.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
- Ensure the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for NSA/CSS information systems (IS) by monitoring and assessing compliance with security measures.
- Provide cybersecurity engineering expertise and guidance on NSA/CSS information systems and programs to ensure security best practices.
- Conduct fact-finding analysis to deter insider threat.
- Develop hypothesis/conclusions and production of final reports.
- Develop security guidance for a variety of IT subject matter areas.
- Participate in medium to large complex information and system security projects and major phases of very large projects.
- Deliver projects in accordance with the Government’s requirements.
- Twelve (12) years' experience with System Security or related customer-interfacing technical lead position. Two (2) years technical project leadership experience. Master's of Science (MS) degree in, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Forensics, or related field from an accredited college or university. In lieu of a MS degree, a Bachelor’s of Science (BS) degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Forensics, or related field, and an additional two (2) years of System Security experience may be substituted.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.