Tier I - Help Desk Specialist Mid
Helpdesk | Washington, DC | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data, and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, support, and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Provide Tier I support for requests for service through email, phone, or in-person interaction with USCP customers.
Document all requests for service using the existing Help Desk ticketing system (Symantec Service Desk).
Communicate information in an effective manner with a clear understanding so customer issues are successfully resolved.
Provide OIS Operations management with regular updates via email on common problems encountered and identify possible longer-term solutions/improvements to reduce future problems.
You will excel in the role if
You have previous helpdesk experience supporting a Government agency in a fast-paced work environment.
You have previous experience providing exceptional customer service as the initial point of contact for users requesting assistance by email, phone call, and in-person.
Triage and escalate IT issues to Tier II, Tier III, and OIS management appropriately.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a program of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Must have experience working in and knowledge of customer service and customer support principles and methods.
- Must be able to present formal and informal training and assistance to customers.
- Must be able to report, respond to, and resolve customer requests.
- Must have experience working with Microsoft Windows (Windows 7 and Windows 10) and Microsoft Office (MS Office 2016), and general Exchange/Outlook support.
- Must have experience in troubleshooting basic computer (desktop, laptop, tablet) issues and triaging as needed to resolve requests for service in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment providing continuous support to users and critical operations monitoring and escalation.
- Must be able to communicate verbally effectively and in writing to customers, peers, technical staff, and Government.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Familiar with ITIL framework for IT Service Management. ITIL Foundations certification desired.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/ EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.