Senior Solutions Architect - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Cloud | Hanover, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Enhance your current skillset by disrupting traditional workflows and processes building an enterprise-scale environment using AWS technologies coupled with DevOps methodologies. You will be an integral part of a team of knowledgeable technologists responsible for helping to build an enterprise-scale cloud presence within the IC for software development, web hosting, research, and more! This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working directly with AWS services and the underlying operating systems themselves, to efficiently improve security automations, aid collaboration efforts with software engineers, and streamline infrastructure processes. This position offers the opportunity to use your existing infrastructure, IT, or systems engineering experience and apply it to solve problems with tools and concepts unique to AWS and Cloud Service Provider environments.
This role is in support of dynamic, rotating professional services engagements lasting from 6 weeks to 6 months. In this role, you will continuously be focused on forward leaning migration, evolution, and optimization tasking within AWS-based environments (no long-term operations and maintenance tasking!). You will be regularly tasked with new customers and exciting new challenges to help advance customer adoption of AWS across multiple classification domains.
• Interact with various operating systems, applications, environments, and cloud computing platforms to create IT automation and orchestration activities
• Use open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project
• Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem
• Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered
• Troubleshoot deployment or infrastructure errors and develop creative solutions to avoid further issues
You will excel in this role if you are:
• Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage AWS and its accompanying tools daily as you help build and stand up a game-changing development environment.
• Well-rounded: You appreciate the opportunity to work across multiple technologies such as scripting, development/test/QA tools, cloud, container, and orchestration tools, Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, security and automation.
• Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
• Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop a solution for both commercial and government customers.
• Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
• At least 12 years of technical experience with a strong fundamental understanding of IT concepts such as AAA, security, operating systems, and networking
• Experience with automation through the use of scripting languages such as Python, Go, Bash, or PowerShell
• Experience with Windows or Linux configuration management, system administration, and troubleshooting
• Customer facing skills to drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Strong willingness to learn new technologies
• BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study
• Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
• AWS experience preferred, but not mandatory
• AWS Solutions Architect, Developer, or SysOps Administrator Associate Certification
• Familiarity with networking technologies and concepts
• Experience with configuring and deploying containers
• Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud services
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy.