Lead Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Infrastructure | College Park/Laurel, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Lead Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will be part of R&D efforts and will be responsible for the designing, implementing and administering of new infrastructure services in which you will stand up from scratch. You will be designing implementing and administering a VMware environment on the very latest hardware. You will design networking solutions based on the customer’s requirements and you will be responsible for implementing those solutions.
***Requires: 75% onsite in College Park, MD and 25% in Laurel, MD***
You will excel in this role if you are:
- A “technology translator”: Help bridge the gap between both technical and non-technical audiences and must be able to speak to each in a language they understand.
- Well-rounded: You will need to bring in-depth experience across multiple and varying technologies including Linux, Windows, VMware, and Cisco IOS.
- A Big Picture thinker with execution know-how: You will need to understand the customer’s overarching high-level goals and lead technical tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Clearance
- 75% onsite in College Park and 25% in Laurel
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
- 12 Years of experience in system administration and/or engineering.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with Windows and Linux Server installation, configuration, operation, and customization.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with Networking and NAS technologies/protocols.
- In-depth knowledge of networking protocols that include the ability to troubleshoot and correct errors.
- Ability to quickly learn and shift in step with the latest virtualization and networking technologies.
- B.S. in Computer Science, IT, IS or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a B.S. Degree).
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Redhat Certifications: RHCSA or RHCE
- Network Certifications: CCNA or CCNP
- Virtualization Certifications: VMWare VCP
- Scripting: Python/Shell
- Orchestration tools: Salt, Ansible, Puppet
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.