Software Engineering | Hybrid in Arlington, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Applied Insight is seeking a SharePoint Architect/Developer to support a federal customer. Duties include but are not limited to: • Responsible for the architecture, design, and implementation of the organizational SharePoint solutions. • Architect, design, test, and implement multiple on-premise SharePoint solutions, to include the migration strategy from the legacy SharePoint system • Build workflows and migrate content from several older versions of SharePoint to newly architected and deployed system • Lead the analysis, documentation, planning and execution of the content migration • Work with customers to design and develop user interfaces • Define, develop, implement, and document the management requirements of the document management capability, e.g., custom content types, policies, and metadata • Create web-oriented applications, developing coding constructs, frameworks, components, and interfaces supported by the SharePoint environment.
You will excel in this role if you are:
Experienced SharePoint administrator/developer, with experience designing and implementing SharePoint solutions.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. Additional experience can be considered in lieu of degree
- Hands on experience leading an upgrade and content migration of SharePoint to a later version
- Extensive SharePoint metadata and content management expertise
- Extensive knowledge and experience of developing secure intranet and extranet portals and external web sites
- Experience of designing and developing metadata configuration, site configuration, lists, content types, workflows, web parts, and other components • Experience with creating and modifying master layout pages, web parts and other components
- Experience of SharePoint security and networking configurations
- Experience and knowledge of on-premise SharePoint 2016 and later
- Experience building web-based systems with the Microsoft .Net technology stack employing the best practices of SOA architecture using C#, VB.Net, and ASP.Net •
- Experience and knowledge of SQL and Microsoft SQL Server database software
- Experience and knowledge of Internet Information Services
- Experience and knowledge of Active Directory Domain Services
- US Citizenship is required, must be able to obtain a secret clearance.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Experience with Metalogix for migration and permissions
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with PowerShell or other scripting languages
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.