DevOps Systems Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
DevOps | Laurel, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
Your Mission: Provide DevOps and system engineering support for a cutting edge telecommunications research industry.
We are seeking smart, creative engineers to provide DevOps engineering and system support for a cutting edge telecommunications research laboratory. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on many different tasks, which could include scripting, systems engineering, systems administration, and database programming.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Install Linux on a re-purposed server and ensure it is compliant with local security rules
- Support an analytics pipeline by improving and/or troubleshooting aspects of its engineering design
- Develop and/or implement hardware solutions for existing engineering challenges
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage a variety of programming languages and technologies, in a well-funded environment, to solve intricate technical problems impacting national security.
- Well-rounded: You appreciate the opportunity to work across multiple technologies such as scripting, development/test/QA tools, cloud, container, and orchestration tools, Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, security and automation.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop a solution for both commercial and government customers.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
- 6-12 years of DevOps/systems/software engineering experience (Python, Scripting, System Administration, Virtualization, etc.)
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or similar technical discipline. 4 years of experience can substitute for a B.S. degree.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Database programming experience
- Experience with Kubernetes, Helm, Elasticsearch and Docker.
- Experience with Go, RabbitMQ, Fluentd.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/ EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self-certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.