Senior Storage Administrator
Infrastructure | Melbourne, FL | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the Life
You will be responsible for all storage administration of the Test, Development and Services enclave, in support of all systems in the Network.
As the Senior Storage Administrator, you will:
- Document and present storage criteria and specifications for system modification and the criteria for testing of new equipment and specifications. Support network tests to validate interoperability of changes on the operational network.
- Address shortcomings of Command Cyber Readiness Inspection findings; prepare and provide plans to mitigate and/or eliminate root cause.
- Provide technical support for NetApp storage systems, VMware vSAN, StorageTEK tape libraries, and current backup software and support the implementation of Oracle databases and VMware on NetApp storage systems in a multi-protocol environment to include; being responsible for implementing and maintaining disaster recovery solutions utilizing NetApp snapmirror and snapvault (NetApp tools and applications).
- Ensure storage compliance with all current and future DOD and AF policies as they apply to hardware/software configuration and approval requirements throughout the lifecycle of the system/software and meet Info Tech Systems Security Risk Management Certification and Accreditation, certification and accreditation standards. Use NetApp or VMware tools to monitor storage system performance, as well as gather historical records of this performance to create effective storage subsystem performance presentations. This data will be used to present factual statistical data to represent perceived performance issues. Communicate storage subsystem performance to customers identifying real and perceived performance problems.
- Optimize storage performance using NetApp and vSAN tools, and recommend corrective actions to any real and perceived performance problems. Collaborate with team members to derive a collectively agreed upon course of action while informing the team lead. Adjust all performance settings of individual storage appliances, software, data replication, snapshots, and backup configurations in order to optimize storage.
- Maintain storage by the daily monitoring and reporting of any hardware or software faults. Address storage reporting by opening internal service tickets and remediate faults that are locally fixable. Problem tickets shall be escalated by opening service tickets with appropriate vendor support (vendor’s telephone and field support personnel to resolution). Report storage fault trends to the AFTAC team lead.
What we are expecting from you:
- NetApp Certified Database Administrator (NCDA), NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer (NCIE) – Data Protection and VMware Certified
- 8570 Computer Environmental and Security Certifications (Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certified, CompTIA Security+ CE or better).
- TS/SCI Clearance
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.