Program Finance Analyst
Corporate | Remote in Remote/DC, DC | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Sr. Program Finance Analyst you will support multiple business areas and contracts. You will provide cradle-to-grave finance support for assigned contracts, including project pricing, setup, forecasting, tracking, analysis, reporting, billing and closeout. You will assist both internal and external stakeholders in understanding all financial aspects of assigned contracts. You will inform key managerial decisions.
- Review, verify and maintain an understanding of all contract documentation, to include initial award documents and all contract modifications.
- Perform Costpoint project setup, to include project structure, labor, ceilings, revenue and billing formulas, based on contract data and PM or customer dictated reporting needs.
- Perform subcontractor management for projects with a subcontractor component.
- Prepare Purchase Requisitions/Purchase Order data, track subcontractor expenditures, review and approve subcontractor invoices, and support Purchase Order closeout at project completion.
- Collaborate with PMs to build and maintain project forecasts.
- Enter project forecasts into Costpoint Planning.
- Verify labor and non-labor expenditures.
- Perform timesheet reconciliation for any labor charged in multiple timesheet systems.
- Verify project revenue.
- Specify monthly revenue for fixed price contracts.
- Prepare and submit customer invoices.
- Monitor open AR and perform collections activities for payments past due. Monitor cash receipts and ensure proper application to customer invoices.
- Prepare and deliver internal and external customer reporting.
- Meet with PMs monthly or more frequently to brief project actuals and variances, and to collect forecast changes.
- Support pricing/re-pricing activities for awarded contracts in collaboration with the corporate Pricing function.
- Support contract closeout and financial audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 4 years of program finance experience with bachelor's degree
- Government contracting experience
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Costpoint experience
- Experience with both product and services contracts
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/ EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.