PMO Support | Arlington, VA | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
Our expectation is that you will excel in this role if you:
We are seeking an Operations Manager to be support infrastructure operations and maintenance activities, achievement of performance metrics, and support and lead O&M projects. The ideal candidate will possess a strong IT background and operational experience in various functional areas such as Windows and Linux platforms, Cisco networking, VMware, SQL and Oracle databases, workstations, mobile devices, storage, and AWS/Azure cloud environments. The candidate will also have demonstrated experience with managing operational and maintenance activities, developing and updating process documentation through continual service improvement, experience delivering in performance-based environment, managing various types of IT projects, experience with implementing various project methodologies, and success of meeting project deliverables on time.
- Manage and support incident management for the infrastructure team
- Manage and support change management for the infrastructure team
- Report and escalate network operational related issues to leadership
- Provide after action reporting for major incidents
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly, and ad hoc operational reporting
- Practice operational risk management
- Ensure operational Disaster Recovery plans and procedures are functional, tested, and documented
- Ensure operational team is following established SOPs and support Continual Service Improvement
- Ensure accurate and quality development of documents and drawings, testing analyses, test plans, and risk assessments by the infrastructure team
- Ensure proactive vulnerability mitigation across all functional infrastructure teams and support lifecycle vulnerability operational reporting.
- Develop effective communication plans across functional teams, to include external and internal organizations, and government personnel to ensure project success
- Develop appropriate methodologies to track project and O&M status and report to leadership and other stakeholders
- Identify project roadblocks, develop mitigation, and provide risk assessments
- Clearly define project requirements
- Initiate, plan, execute, control, and properly closeout projects
- Meet project schedule deadlines and project deliverables
- Mitigate and control project scope creep
- Properly document integrated project team meetings and provide detailed meeting minutes
- Develop appropriate project documentation to include implementation and deployment plans
- Follow established organizational processes for configuration and change management
- Lead and manage projects supporting IT infrastructure and critical system applications
- Create and deliver presentations to leadership and key stakeholders
- Run prioritization meetings to understand user needs
- Facilitate deployment planning and coordination
- Collect and report on O&M and project metrics
- Support projects using various project methodologies such as Agile, Hybrid, or Scrum
- Utilize Jira and Confluence to manage project tracking, reporting, and customer dashboards
- Utilize ServiceNow to manage incidents and ensure Service Level Objectives are achieved
- Overseeing, coordinating, and monitoring IT systems development and testing efforts
- Preparing formal written technical content for the development, implementation and management of projects
- Analyzing technical and business processes in assign areas of responsibility, identifying opportunities for improvement, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making recommendations to leadership
- Technical writing, editing, reviewing, and formatting of procedural and process documentation
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (additional 4 years of general IT experience)
- 4+ years of operational management experience
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects supporting IT infrastructure or applications
- Proven experience in managing customer expectations and cross-functional teams
- Evidence of leadership and motivational skills
- Must be a self-starter / self-motivated
- Requires strong time management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle competing work demands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Formal training in project management methodologies / PMP, CASM, or similar project management certification desired
- Available to work flexible hours and be on-call
- Preferred experience managing IT projects in an Agile or Hybrid development system
- Demonstrated experience developing project plans such as project objectives, information specifications, schedules, deliverables, and risk
- Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust Clearance
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.