Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Information Security | Columbia, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the ISSO you will:
- Implement/enforce IS security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Assist in evaluation of security solutions.
- Assist with Configuration Management for IS security SW, HW, and firmware.
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of documentation.
- Maintain records, to include system updates.
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce info systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Maintain operational security posture for an IS/program.
- Maintain appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program or enclave.
- Develop/maintain C&A documentation.
- Develop/update system security plan and other IA documentation.
- Provide CM for security-relevant IS SW, HW, and firmware.
- Assist with management of security aspects of IS and perform day-to-day security operations.
- Develop system security policy and ensure compliance.
- Administer user identification and authentication mechanism of IS.
- Plan/coordinate IT security programs and policies.
- Manage/control and assess impact of changes to security systems.
- Obtain C&A for info systems.
- Provide support for program, organization, system, or enclave IA program.
- Serve as Approval Authority for ISs.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Clearance
- Ten (10) years’ as an ISSO on programs of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Experience in at least two (2) of the following AREAS:
- Knowledge of current security tools, HW/SW security implementation
- Communication Protocols
- Encryption techniques/tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline is required.
- DoD 8570 compliance with Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level I or higher is required.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy.