Technical Lead - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Professional Services - Columbia, MD | Columbia, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Everyday we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only understand the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to enable your career.
What you will do:
- Mentor junior staff.
- Meet with the customer to understand new challenges and gather requirements.
- Translate customer requirements into technical tasks.
- Prioritize work for the project team.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have)
- Desire and ability to work extensively in a customer facing role with experience gathering, analyzing and translating customer requirements into technical tasks.
- Exceptional customer relationship management skills and the ability to speak to audiences of varying technical capabilities.
- Ability to quickly learn and shift in step with the latest virtualization and networking technologies.
- Supporting collaboration and communication between project teams and stakeholders across the customer organization
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with Windows and/or Linux server installation, configuration, operation, and customization.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocols that includes the ability to troubleshoot and correct errors.
- At least 2 years of tactical experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, AWS and/or OpenStack.
- BS in Com Sci, IT, IS or other technical area of study.
- An active US Federal Government Top Secret with polygraph clearance is required.
Nice to have:
- Networking certifications: CCNA or CCNP
- Virtualization Certifications: RHCT or VMWare VCP
- Linux scripting
- Past experience working in an R&D environment
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation, amazing benefits including top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank overtime hours for additional time off or extra compensation (must met additional criteria for cash-out).
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open door policy.
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.