Network Engineering | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Disrupt traditional software development in the DoD and help shape the future of DoD software development using AWS. You will be working inside USCYBERCOM with the team architecting, building, and sustaining Unclassified and Classified AWS development environments for USCYBERCOM and its service developer partners. This effort affords all team members the unique opportunity of working with bleeding edge cloud computing technologies in a multitude of environments and Amazon Web Services regions. We are the sole integrator on this effort and will be implementing the full stack including networking, AWS deployment, security, integration with other DoD entities, and more. Stratus Solutions is also in the unique position of having been the lead integrator of similar cloud-centric solutions for other government clients and has access to a collaborative staff of cloud computing SMEs for knowledge transfer and support throughout the company.
Your Mission: Expand your cloud DevOps skillset with exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Enhance your current DevOps skillset by disrupting traditional workflows and processes using AWS technologies. You will be an integral part of a team of knowledgeable technologists responsible for helping to build a nationwide cloud presence within the DoD for unclassified software development. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working directly with AWS services, and the underlying operating systems themselves, to efficiently improve security automations, aid collaboration efforts with software engineers, and streamline infrastructure processes.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Isolate cloud infrastructure
- Set up complex VPN tunnels, routing, and firewall interconnections
- Reconcile routes and propagate connectivity via BGP
- Develop dynamic scaling to handle increased capacity
- Connect physical and virtual cloud networks
You will excel in this role if you:
- Embrace Emerging Technology: You will leverage AWS and its accompanying tools daily as you help build and stand up a game-changing development environment
- Crave complexity: You will be working with a complex architecture of VPN Tunnels, routers, firewalls which bridge on-prem network devices to AWS VPCs
- Communicate Creatively: You will need to communicate with audiences of varying technical ability in a language each understands (This is a user-facing role and you will be working with a highly technical team)
What we are expecting from you (i.e., the qualifications you must have):
- At least three years of networking experience, with desired knowledge on virtual and/or cloud environments
- Demonstrated expertise working with traditional networking elements including routers, switches and firewalls across multiple product lines including Cisco and Palo Alto (we use Palo Alto firewalls)
- Strong experience with switching, routing, VPNs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- Experience working with automation within Linux environments
Nice to have:
AWS experience preferred, but not mandatory. At a minimum, you should have an understanding/ knowledge of AWS.
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation, amazing benefits including top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank overtime hours for additional time off or extra compensation (must met additional criteria for cash-out).
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open door policy.
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.