Data Science Intern (Summer 2018)
Professional Services | College Park, MD | Temporary
Are you a college student or grad student who wants to be part of a young, modern, growing technology company?
Stratus Solutions, a small, privately owned IT consulting firm based out of Fulton, MD is rapidly growing and seeking smart, creative engineering interns to work on data science and programming projects at a research lab. This internship will be for Summer 2018.
In this role, you will be part of a cutting-edge research and development team working in a lab environment on the campus of University of Maryland at College Park. You will support multiple customers researching, developing, prototyping and deploying national security solutions.
We invest in every employee by providing an incredible benefits package, competitive salaries, and continued education in emerging technologies.
Due to the nature of the Federal contract for which this specific position will be assigned to, candidates are required to have US citizenship.
Desired Skill Set:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline
- Experience designing and implementing machine learning, data mining, statistics and/ or graph algorithms for large data sets.
- Python development or development with other major OOP languages (Java, C++, etc.)
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate project status, issues and resolutions in a team environment
- Machine Learning experience or a keen interest in statistical methods
- An understanding of algorithmic design trade-offs
- Understanding of or interest in RF signals
- Understanding of or interest in 802.11 wireless and TCP/IP protocol standards
- Implementing machine learning algorithms and frameworks in Python
- Radio frequency signal analysis
- Autonomous vehicle assembly and programming
- Virtual reality development
- "Pattern-of-life" analytics using structured and unstructured data
- Large-scale data & graph analytics in Apache Spark
Everyday we support national security missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps). At Stratus, you will feed your ambition, work amongst others who share your passions and enjoy truly meaningful work. We offer autonomy, encourage big ideas and provide the tools you need to cultivate your growth. Join our talented team that includes Cloud Engineers, Software Developers, Infrastructure Engineers and DevOps professionals and help us solve some of the most complex problems faced by both the public and private sector.