Contracts Support Specialist
Operations | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Everyday we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only understand the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to enable your career.
What you will do: Build, Manage and Transform
As the Contracts Support Specialist, you will own all contract administration functions from RFP to closeout for multiple programs. You will coordinate approval of negotiations, contracts, subcontracts and purchases with appropriate management staff, providing advice and interpretation of contractual requirements and making contract modifications as needed. You will also own Unanet administration, including entry of contract data and generation of contract reports, spend plan generation and submission, and the development and maintenance of proposal support materials.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- An Administrator: You will be called upon to administer government contracting documents and agreements, including non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, contracts, subcontracts, and purchase orders.
- Detailed: Your attention to detail and knowledge of current regulations is needed to ensure compliance and monitor contract and subcontract performance.
- An Excel whiz: Assist in preparing and submitting cost proposals, including pricing and scheduling details, coordination of requirements, and cost proposal risk assessments. Create reports to analyze performance of individual Government and Commercial contracts.
- Collaborator: You will collaborate with the Contracts Manager, Finance Manager and Program Managers to ensure contract requirements are fulfilled.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have)
- 5+ years of experience working across the entire subcontract function from capture through closeout on Federal Government programs.
- Knowledge of the FAR, DFARS and other Government supplements.
- Experience administering Government contracting documents and agreements such as non-disclosure agreements and teaming agreements, contracts and sub-contracts.
- Experience preparing cost/business proposals in response to Government and Prime Contractor RFPs.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and capable of working independently.
- Independently driven self-starter, able to work effectively with peers of all personalities.
- Experienced in Microsoft Word and Excel - ability to create reports/dashboards using PowerPivot in Excel desired.
- Experience with Unanet or similar system.
- BS in Business, Accounting, Information Systems or other related field.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret ( with polygraph) Federal Government clearance is required.
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation, amazing benefits including top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank overtime hours for additional time off or extra compensation (must meet additional criteria for cash-out).
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should hire those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open door policy.
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.