AWS Network Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Professional Services - Columbia, MD | Columbia, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Every day we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only realize the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to “empower” your career.
Your Mission: Help shape the future of computer networking using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Disrupt traditional computer networking services and define the future of networking using AWS. You will help build a nationwide virtual presence within the DoD for unclassified and classified development. This is a hybrid role in which you will spend half of your time on computer networking using AWS tools and products and the remaining half on traditional networking processes, practices and products.
This role offers a rare opportunity to learn and work with AWS daily while bringing a first-of-its kind development environment to life.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Isolate cloud infrastructure
- Set up complex VPN tunnels, routing, and firewall interconnections
- Reconcile routes and propagate connectivity via BGP
- Develop dynamic scaling to handle increased capacity
- Connect physical and virtual cloud networks
You will excel in this role if you:
- Embrace Emerging Technology: You will leverage AWS and its accompanying tools daily as you help build and stand up a game-changing development environment
- Crave complexity: You will be working with a complex architecture of VPN Tunnels, routers, firewalls which bridge on-prem network devices to AWS VPCs
- Communicate Creatively: You will need to communicate with audiences of varying technical ability in a language each understands (This is a user-facing role and you will be working with a highly technical team)
What we are expecting from you (i.e., the qualifications you must have):
- At least three years of networking experience, with desired knowledge on virtual and/or cloud environments
- Demonstrated expertise working with traditional networking elements including routers, switches and firewalls across multiple product lines including Cisco and Palo Alto (we use Palo Alto firewalls)
- Strong experience with switching, routing, VPNs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- Experience working with automation within Linux environments
- Active TS/SCI clearance with CI polygraph is required
Nice to have:
AWS experience preferred, but not mandatory. At a minimum, you should have an understanding/ knowledge of AWS.
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation, amazing benefits including top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank overtime hours for additional time off or extra compensation (must met additional criteria for cash-out)
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open door policy
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.