Traveling Pharmacist (12110)
Pharmacy | El Paso, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Traveling Pharmacist to work on a minimum 13-week assignment for our client. In this role, you will manage pharmacy services and operations, under the direction of Chief Pharmacist, for an Influx Care Facility (ICF) designated by Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) that provides residential and medical services to Unaccompanied Children (UC). This position ensures quality pharmacy centered care aligned with the mission, values, and objectives of the ICF and ORR and provides effective oversight of systems, procedures, purchasing, and staff supervision for the department. Staff Pharmacists will provide oversight and direction to Pharmacy Technicians. You are accountable for supporting the management, oversight, and operation of all aspects within the assigned pharmacy area.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
This position requires the availability to work either day or night shift.
- Design and monitor patient-specific pharmacy care plans.
- Modify care plans, as needed.
- Provide education on medication-use.
- Maintains safe dispensary practices and procedures.
- Ensure continuity of pharmaceutical care to and from home and other patient-care settings.
- Manage use, maintenance, and troubleshooting of medication administration and other equipment.
- Provide concise and timely response to requests for drug information.
- Manage use of investigational drug products according to established regulations and client policies.
- Ensure patient safety.
- Maintain pharmacy professional practice.
- Meet regulatory requirements.
- Ensure quality assurance.
- Provide customer service.
- Perform personnel management.
- Provide inventory management.
- Provide workflow management.
- Perform other duties, as necessary.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy.
- Active Pharmacy license as issued by the State Board of Pharmacy.
- One year of experience as a pharmacist.
- Experience providing customer service, including meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Able to work Monday - Friday 8:30am -5:30pm with on-call rotation 2 evenings during the week and every other weekend.
Must include one of the following:
- One (1+) year of experience in sterile IV admixture procedures preferred.
- Knowledge of non-sterile compounding, immunizations, and medication therapy management (MTM)
- Completion of ASHP accredited Pharmacy Residency Program
- Completion of an Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience associated with an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Equivalent experience as approved by the client.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency, fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging patients exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing. (Exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must be able to lift, push, and carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documentation.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.