Substance Use Disorders Director
Correctional Facility | Michigan | Full Time and Contract
Substance Use Disorders Director
The Director of Addiction Recovery performs administrative and managerial work planning, directing, analyzing, and coordinating mental health programs and/or services. Position is dependent on contract award
- Responsible to provide direct addiction recovery services, consultation services, supervisory services and addiction recovery program administrative services in accordance with the policies and procedures of InGenesis , policies and regulations of the Department of Correction, state statutes concerning the delivery and practice of addiction recovery services, and in accordance with the ethics and standards of the staff member's discipline.
- Provision of service supervision of the addiction recovery services delivered by the addiction recovery department and service supervision of individual addiction recovery staff members as assigned.
- Provision of routine addiction recovery services such as but not limited to intake assessments, individual and group intervention, treatment planning, and discharge planning.
- Provides service supervision to addiction recovery staff as assigned.
- Provision of consultation services when requested by facility staff, medical staff or mental health staff.
- Documents all patient encounters and significant addiction recovery information in SAMS and the Electronic Medical Record in accordance with the policies and procedures of InGenesis and the policies and regulations of the Department of Correction.
- Institution of efficient utilization management within the addiction recovery department.
- Participation in staff meetings and in-service training programs as offered by InGenesis Health and the department of Correction.
- Provision of training in addiction recovery topics to facility and addiction recovery, medical and mental health staff in accordance with institutional training programs as requested and as service delivery allows.
- Provides other services relating to the functioning of the addiction recovery department as assigned.
- Responsible to inform the Regional Director of Addiction Recovery of personal need for additional supervision or overall problems in delivery of services.
- Responsible to maintain confidentiality of patient information in accordance with Department of Correction policy.
- Responsible to interrelate and work effectively with other addiction recovery staff, InGenesis administrative, medical and mental health personnel, Department of Correction staff, patients and outside support agencies.
- Directs or assists in the overall planning, development, and administration of the assigned program(s) or service(s); assists in directing the development and implementation of departmental planning issues.
- Directs or assists in the general management of policy development, program planning, coordination and evaluation of policies, organizational changes, and new programs.
- Reviews and/or revises programs to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, policies, accreditation, and certification standards.
- Participates in the development, implementation, or interpretation of new or revised program, departmental, or legislative initiatives.
- Selects, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff.
- Directs and/or coordinates the development and implementation of substance abuse treatment and/or habilitation plans.
- Works closely with clinicians and other managers in developing delivery systems for substance abuse programs and services.
- Conducts investigations and institutes special studies; prepares and/or reviews reports and related information to evaluate existing organizations, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Represents and/or serves as liaison for the assigned area of responsibility; cooperates with, and addresses federal, state, local, and community organizations, and other groups pertaining to the assigned programs.
May include standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which can include interfacing with inmates, correctional staff and health care personnel.
The Substance Use Disorders Director may be the Medical or Psychiatric Director, or other appropriate professional.
Certification in alcohol and drug abuse counseling as issued by the Indiana Counselors Association on Alcohol and Drug Abuse (ICAADA), or a recognized affiliate of the National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors may substitute for one year of required experience.
Five (5) years full-time professional experience in counseling and guidance, education, public health, rehabilitation counseling, social work, vocational rehabilitation; chemical dependency treatment or related experience preferred.
Master’s degree in psychology, or related human services field preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
Accredited college training in any of the following areas may substitute for up to four (4) years of the required experience, except for the professional experience in counseling and guidance in chemical dependency: Counseling and Guidance, Criminal Justice, Education, Psychology, Public Health, Rehabilitation Counseling or Therapy, Social Work, Sociology Vocational Counseling, or related area.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.