RN Case Manager (2351)
Health Record Analyst | Columbia, SC | Contract
RN Case Manager
Work Location: Columbia, SC
The RN Case Manager will be responsible in reviewing and evaluating medical or behavioral eligibility regarding benefits. Utilizes clinical proficiency, claims knowledge/analysis, and comprehensive knowledge of healthcare continuum to assess, plan, implement, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate medical necessity, options, and services required to support members in managing their health, chronic illness, or acute illness.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
• Performs medical or behavioral review/authorization process.
• Ensures coverage for appropriate services within benefit and medical necessity guidelines.
• Utilizes allocated resources to back up review determinations.
• Identifies and makes referrals to appropriate staff
• Participates in data collection/input into system for clinical information flow and proper claims adjudication.
• Provides active case management, assesses service needs, develops and coordinates action plans in cooperation with members, monitors services and implements plans, to include member goals.
• Evaluates outcomes of plans, eligibility, level of benefits, place of service, length of stay, and medical necessity regarding requested services and benefit exceptions.
• Ensures accurate documentation of clinical information to support and determine medical necessity criteria and contract benefits.
• Provides telephonic support for members with chronic conditions.
• Associate degree in Nursing
• 3+ years of clinical experience
• Active and unrestricted RN license in the state of SC
Key Words: Nurse Case Manager, Utilization Review, Registered Nurse, CCM
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.