Psychiatrist - Utilization Review (12332)
Psychiatry | Harrisburg, PA | Contract
Psychiatrist – Utilization Review
Work Location: Harrisburg, PA
InGenesis is currently seeking a part-time Psychiatrist who is board certified in adult, adolescent, or child psychiatry to work with our client located in Harrisburg, PA. In this role, you will serve as a physician reviewer and provide utilization/quality reviews of services.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Conduct reviews of assigned adolescent and adult inpatient/outpatient psychiatric and drug or alcohol cases.
• Make determinations regarding medical necessity, place of service, appropriateness, compensability, and/or quality of care of services prescribed for and provided.
• Review all requests thoroughly and make qualified determination in accordance with Medical Assistance regulations and criteria.
• Compile case findings.
• Prepare summaries of case findings.
• Make recommendations for case disposition.
• Identify program violations.
• Prepare appealed cases for hearings.
• Testify at administrative hearings for cases under appeal.
• Submit above information using specified formats.
• Assist in development of in-house training programs, medically necessary criteria, and quality of care indicators.
• May help in determining if any changes should be made to criteria or regulations to better serve clients.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Active medical license in the state of Pennsylvania.
• Be in active clinical practice in area of board certification at least 16 hours per month.
• Understanding of utilization review processes.
• Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office products.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.