Pre-Litigation Case Manager / Legal Assistant (10432)
Legal | San Antonio, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Pre-Litigation Case Manager to work with our client located in San Antonio, TX. In this role, you will you will primarily manage car wreck cases. The litigation field is fast-paced, deadline work which requires an individual with a strong attention to detail.
Schedule: Monday to Friday (8am – 5pm) Some Overtime as necessary
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Identifies liability issues and maintains contact with clients.
- Obtains and reviews employment records, compiles demand packages and maintains file notes.
- Speaks to clients on a regular basis, ensuring clients stay informed about their cases, and keeps the team informed about clients’ questions, concerns and needs.
- Speaks to experts, attorneys, and support staff in the coordination of depositions and hearings.
- Assists with gathering documents from clients, including wage information, photographs, and medical records.
- Uses templates and forms to create documents such as correspondence, pleadings, discovery, and proposed hearing notices and court orders.
- E-files lawsuits, secures service of process on defendants and e-files other pleadings, such as motions and responses, often with multiple exhibits.
- Maintains the lawyer’s calendar, schedules meetings, depositions, coordinate mediations, ensuring that court hearings are timely calendared, and monitors the correspondence to ensure that appropriate matters are calendared.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Education: Associates Degree (Preferred)
- Experience: Pre-Litigation Case Management: 1 year (Required)
- Litigation experience: 1 year (Required); 2-3 years (Preferred).
- Personal injury law: 1 year (Required)
- Work Remotely: No
- Spanish Highly Preferred.
- Must have a complete understanding of auto insurance including property damage, bodily injury, liability, commercial, uninsured/underinsured motorists and personal injury protection.
- Excellent grammar, proofreading and phone skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Adobe, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable learning new applications and technologies.
- Familiarity with the personal injury practice.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.