Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon - CMD
Dental DDS | Norfolk, VA | Contract
THIS POSITION IS BEING RECRUITED
ON BEHALF OF COMPLETE MOBILE DENTISTRY
Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon
The Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon will serve as a dental officer providing direct patient care in a dental and/or medical treatment facility.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
- Provides direct patient care to those individuals presenting to the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Service.
- Patient care duties include but are not limited to evaluation, examination, diagnosis, ordering of appropriate laboratory, x-ray, and diagnostic tests; interpretation of the dental and medical data; incorporating the data into the accurate diagnosis; and providing the proper treatment and patient care.
- Provides direct patient care to include but not limited to dental alveolar surgery, conscious sedation and anesthesia, implants, treatment of minor odontogenic and non-odontogenic pathology, treatment of odontogenic infections, and maxillofacial trauma.
- Provides direct patient care to include but not limited to orthognathic surgery, treatment of major odontogenic and non-odontogenic pathology, major reconstructive surgery, management of facial pain, and facial cosmetic surgery.
- Responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of dental records, consultations, and any other medical records pertaining to the dental patient.
- Complies with policies and procedures to maintain admission and operating room privileges.
- Shall be a graduate of an ADA-accredited dental school with either a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree
- Shall possess a current, active, valid, and unrestricted state license or authorizing document from any state or territory in the U.S. to provide health care within the scope of practice for a specific health care discipline. The license must remain current, active, valid, and unrestricted during the life of the contract
- Must have a current, valid Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration number
- Shall have a certificate of training from an ADA-accredited residency training program and be board eligible or board certified in oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and staff
- Citizenship (copy of birth certificate or naturalization papers required)
- Shall comply with the Health and Immunization requirements
- Shall be certified in basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) that is approved by the American Heart Association (AHA)
About Complete Mobile Dentistry, Inc.
Complete Mobile Dentistry, Inc. (CMD) started as a dental staffing agency in 2002. Dentists, dental hygienists and dental assistants were placed in both temporary and permanent positions. In 2005, CMD expanded its services to provide on-site dental readiness exams to military personnel throughout the country. CMD’s staff now performs a thorough and accurate dental exam to prevent the service men and women of the Armed Forces from arriving in a deployed environment with dental pain or defect. In June of 2015, we reopened our staffing agency, now a national agency called Complete Dental Staffing. We specialize in providing ideal placement for dental offices of all sizes, ranging from last-minute absences to permanent placement. We provide coverage for dentists, dental assistants, and hygienists. Today, CMD continues to support Logistics Health Incorporated in their work with the United States Armed Forces. Through collaborative efforts, we hope to continually ensure that service members meet medical and dental readiness standards and therefore are able to service our country. It is an honor to be part of such an important mission.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.