Occupational Health Coordinator (RN) - (12089)
Healthcare | El Paso, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Occupational Health Coordinator (RN) to work with our client. In this role, you will administer and coordinate occupational health activities for staff of the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) designated Influx Care Facility (ICF). The coordinator will ensure that the activities are in accordance with requirements and standards of the local health department, ORR, and Center for Diseases Control (CDC).
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Assesses, treats, evaluates, refers (if necessary), and follows up on occupational injuries and illnesses incurred by sick or injured employees.
- Assesses, treats, evaluates, refers (if necessary), and follows up on all nonoccupational injuries and illnesses.
- Interfaces with employees and the employee's physician.
- Monitors symptoms of an illness or injury and advises on measures that could be implemented to prevent future occurrences of the problem that resulted in the illness or injury.
- Administers and coordinates routine health examinations to prevent occupational injury and health problems. These examinations include but are not limited to lead screening, eye and skin evaluations for employees working with lasers, and hearing conservation.
- Collaborates with the local health department, ORR, and CDC to determine quarantine/isolation requirements for staff who have been in contact with or are suspected to have COVID-19, influenza, strep pharyngitis, or other communicable diseases of public health concern.
- Reports/coordinates outcomes to/with Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and Director of Nursing (DON).
- Develops and coordinates procedures in response to policies on pre-employment examinations and drug screening.
- Administers and documents drug testing for incoming employment candidates and for randomly selected incumbent employees.
- Maintains employee medical records and documentation such as OSHA reports, quarterly reports to corporate on drug and alcohol testing, monthly reports to human resources, and other health-related statistics.
- Participates in scheduled meetings.
- Prepares presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborates with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) preferred
- Five years of relevant experience as a licensed registered nurse
- Previous experience (1 year) in an occupational health department
- Current and unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR (required)
- Required to respond to any medical emergency, fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging patients exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing. (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must be able to lift, push, and carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documentation.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.