Non-Commissioned Security Officer (11550)
Security | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Non-Commissioned Security Officer to work with our client. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining a safe and positive environment for staff and Unaccompanied Children (UC) in accordance with Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) licensing standards, Agency, program, policies, standards, other federal, state, and local regulatory requirements. The Non-Commissioned Security Officer will ensure the safety and security of the campus, staff and UC assigned to the facility by means of foot patrol, roving patrol in assigned vehicles, and perimeter checks along the fence line. NCSO will also conduct dispatch duties, monitor Video Surveillance Systems, Intruder Detection System, and dispatch both Commissioned and Non-Commissioned Officers to incidents and events to restore safety and security to the facility.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Observes and reports activities and incidents at assigned facility, providing for the safety and security of UC and staff.
- Makes periodic patrols to check for irregularities and inspect perimeter areas and buildings for tampering or unauthorized entry.
- Responds to emergencies and disturbances, providing the minimal level of force necessary to deescalate the situation and return the campus to a safe environment.
- Intercedes when requested by staff to redirect UC and staff as appropriate and necessary.
- Provides additional security oversight during outdoor activities and large gatherings at indoor locations with UC and staff.
- Participates as part of the Emergency Response Team for disasters, emergencies, and on campus.
- Controls access to control points throughout the facility to include Intake, Out-Processing, escorting visitors and guests, and prevents access to unauthorized and off-limit areas.
- Patrols assigned facility on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, and unauthorized persons.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
- Prepares logs and reports as required
Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county, and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers. Additional requirements of the Customer Service Officer include:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have guard card.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone) and transportation (public or private)
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Be an effective team member and respond appropriately to requests.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Good organizational skills
- Level II Non-Commissioned Officer guard card (Required).
- Valid Texas Driver's License
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Security: 1 year (Preferred)
Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents. The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.