Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) (11904)
Patient Care Coordinator | San Diego, CA | Contract
Work Location: San Diego, CA
InGenesis is currently seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse / LVN to perform utilization management activities for our client in San Diego, CA. In this role, you will validate requested medical services and authorize procedures, labs, radiology, etc.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Advise patients of treatment options.
• Schedule referral appointments.
• Handle patient inquiries.
• Receive and route clinical phone consult requests.
• Provide pre-appointment instructions and appointment details.
• Contact patients in event referral requests are invalid or disapproved.
• Ensure results from other MTFs are returned.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Associates degree in nursing.
• Current LVN license as issued by the state of California.
• 6+ years’ experience in clinical nursing, required.
• Full-time employment in a nursing field within last 36 months, required.
• Equivalent combinations of education and experience directly related to referral/utilization management may be qualifying, if approved.
• Working knowledge of APGs, DRGs, ICD, and CPT-4 coding.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.